Agents Area

The Ardmore team are enthusiastic and passionate about the courses offered. Our aim is to improve our students English by increasing their confidence and communication skills. Our lessons include plenty of opportunities for students to use language and build their knowledge and confidence in English. This is further enforced outside the classrooms during activities, cultural visits and specialist sports courses.

Is travel insurance included in all Ardmore courses?

No, travel insurance can be booked through your agent. Please contact your agent for a copy of the Policy Schedule to ensure that it covers all your requirements and in case you need to increase cover for particular medical conditions etc.

What happens after a booking?

We will confirm that we have received and processed the booking. The booking will remain provisional until the full balance is received. We will send you further information relating to the course when available.

What deposit is required?

A 10% deposit is required to secure the booking. Full payment must be paid not later than 4-weeks prior to arrival.
Who can you speak to about a booking? We understand how important it is to keep you informed about your booking and our friendly Head Office staff are available by email ( or by telephone (+44 (0) 1628 826699) Monday to Friday (9:00 – 17:30 GMT) to answer any questions you may have.

How is the student’s progress checked?

At end of each course students will be tested on their progress, which is then mapped against their original score to show their improvements made whilst with Ardmore.
All students are issued with an Ardmore Diploma Certificate on departure, after being tested on reading, listening, speaking, writing, group work, every day English and their overall progress. All marking is undertaken by their teachers.

Does the student require travel insurance?

Yes. It is essential that everyone on our courses/programmes is fully insured. It can either be booked privately or through Ardmore who provides basic travel insurance. Please ask your agent for the policy schedule (avaialble in 8 languages including English) so that you can ensure the cover details are what you need and in case you need to arrange extra cover.
If you wish to use your own policy for the student(s) that is perfectly acceptable - however, we do need a copy of the policy for our records before the student arrives in the UK.

Does the student require a visa to travel to the UK?

Students travelling to the UK from the rest of the world may require a visa. Please check and then specify at the time of booking, Ardmore will provide you with a signed and stamped visa letter to give to your local embassy.

How will the student receive their visa?

Students will need to take their Ardmore visa letter to their local British or American embassy, who will then issue a visa.

Does the student require a visa to travel to the USA?

Many countries have joined the American visa waiver programme, but not all, you will need to check and apply on the ESTA web page. Students travelling from the European Union to the USA, will need to apply on the ESTA web page on the following link.

Countries part of the American visa waiver programme can be checked at :

Any countries that are not part of the visa waiver programme with the USA will have to apply for a tourist visa. Ardmore will provide you with a signed and stamped visa application letter to give to your local embassy.