Director of Studies
The Director of Studies will implement and manage all day-to-day aspects of the academic programme. They will manage the teaching staff to create a positive and enthusiastic team to deliver a high-quality academic programme using the Ardmore syllabus.
- Implement and manage
all day-to-day aspects of the academic programme.
- Hold weekly Group
Leader meetings and respond to any student or Group Leader queries on
- Manage the teaching
staff to create a positive, enthusiastic team to deliver a high quality
programme ensuring student satisfaction.
- Appraise and provide
feedback on all teaching staff providing support and guidance on all aspects
of lesson preparation and delivery.
- Organise and manage
the Placement and Exit Testing of students, academic time-tabling, course
planning and student graduation.
- Be responsible for
collecting both early and final student feedback.
- Ensure that all
lessons start and end on time.
- Organise and oversee
the delivery of Trinity exams (if applicable at centre).
- Liaise closely with
the AD/AAD in maintaining all academic administration.
- Teach when required
to meet operational demands.
- Liaise with the HSA
to ensure that the activities programme and academic programme are integrated
- Support the CD to
aid the smooth and effective running of the centre and assist the CD to set
up and close the centre.
- Write a full job
specific report at the end of the course for the Academic Director.
- Submit all paperwork, including registers, class profiles, Weekly Records of Work and appraisals/references for all EFL teachers.
CONTRACT / REMUNERATION
- Reports to: Centre Director (CD )& Academic Director (AD)
- Managing: EFL Teachers, GLs
& International students.
- 4-8 week contract.
- Full board and accommodation
provided free of charge.
- Up to 48 hours per week.
Evening and weekend work required.
- Some weeks you may be required to work in excess of 48 hours. You will therefore be asked to ‘opt out’ of the 48-hour Working Time Directive.
- Must be able to attend Centre Leadership Training from 20th June 2020.
19 centres across the UK.