Head of Sport and Activities
The Head of Sports and Activities is an incredible opportunity to get a taste of management while still doing the fun stuff that our Activity Leaders do! You will be in charge of creating our amazing activity and evening programme as well organising excursions. You will use your expertise to show Activity Leader’s how to lead fun, enthusiastic and energetic sessions. You will manage your own team and be responsible for their development.
- The role is a Senior Management position therefore the Head of Sports and Activities is expected to fulfil a demanding workload.
- Create and Implement a high-quality activity and excursion programme, ensuring that all staff are prepared and present for activity sessions.
- Manage, train and regularly observe all activity staff, completing appraisals and performance reviews at the end of their contracts.
- Lead daily team meetings with all activity staff to get feedback on activity sessions and excursion programmes, and to find out whether there are any concerns about any students.
- Maintaining administrative records (attendance, rotas, incidents, excursions, regularly updated risk assessments and programmes).
- Use customer feedback to develop new ideas and ensure that high standards are being met for both activities and excursions.
- Ensure all activities are advertised and promoted and that notice boards and posters are updated and presentable.
- Attend Centre Management and Group Leader meetings as necessary.
- Liaise with the CD on the stock of activity material, centre-hired items and the return of all unused stock.
- Assist the CD to set up and close the centre and assist with the day-to-day running of the centre.
- Liaise with college staff to ensure facilities are booked and ready.
If you would like more information regarding our available positions in our USA Centres please click HERE.
CONTRACT / REMUNERATION
- Reports to: Centre Director (CD) and Operations Executive (OE).
- Managing: Activity Leaders and International students.
- 4-8 week contract.
- Full board and accommodation provided free of charge.
- Up to 48 hours per week, on average.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Some weeks you may be required to work in excess of 48 hours.
You will therefore be asked to ‘opt out’ of the 48-hour Working Time Directive.
19 centres across the UK