Head of Sport and Activities
The HSA’s key responsibility is the implementation, smooth running, administration and ultimately successful delivery of all aspects of the Summer School Recreational Programme (day time activities, evening entertainment and excursions).
- The role is a Senior Management position therefore the HSA is expected to fulfilg a demanding workload.
- Create and Implement a high-quality activity and excursion programme, ensuring that all staff are prepared and present for activity sessions.
- Manage, train and regularly observe all activity staff, completing appraisals and performance reviews at the end of their contracts.
- Lead daily team meetings with all activity staff to get feedback on activity sessions and excursion programmes, and to find out whether there are any concerns about any students.
- Maintaining administrative records (attendance, rotas, incidents, excursions, regularly updated risk assessments and programmes).
- Use customer feedback to develop new ideas and ensure that high standards are being met for both activities and excursions.
- Ensure all activities are advertised and promoted and that notice boards and posters are updated and presentable.
- Attend Centre Management and Group Leader meetings as necessary.
- Liaise with the CD on the stock of activity material, centre-hired items and the return of all unused stock.
- Assist the CD to set up and close the centre and assist with the day-to-day running of the centre.
- Liaise with college staff to ensure facilities are booked and ready.
CONTRACT / REMUNERATION
- Reports to: Centre Director (CD) and Operations Executive (OE)
- Managing: Activity Leaders & International students.
- 4 week contract with a potential extension.
- Full board and accommodation provided free of charge.
- Up to 48 hours per week, on average.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Some weeks you may be required to work in excess of 48 hours.
You will therefore be asked to ‘opt out’ of the 48-hour Working Time Directive.
17 centres across the UK