The Centre Director is responsible for the overall running of the centre. They will lead and develop the centre management team and manage the relationship with the host site to ensure our guests have the best possible experience. It is a position of high responsibility that provides a fantastic opportunity to get a taste of a senior management role that is not your standard 9-5!
- Ensure the smooth running of Ardmore Language Schools courses maintaining high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the host school/college staff.
- Lead weekly Group Leader meetings and daily management meetings to review the day ahead.
- Create a strong and clear line of management working closely with the Centre Management Team to deliver a successful summer programme.
- Ensure that school rules are adhered to and be responsible for all aspects of student behaviour.
- Create an effective and positive staff team ensuring that all staff are motivated and carry out their roles and duties to a high standard.
- Liaise with HO about shortages of staff, disciplinary procedures and pay details, where appropriate.
- Ensure that information is accurate and clearly displayed in the Ardmore office (e.g. staff rotas, staff mobile numbers, group arrival/departure times, etc.).
- Responsible for overall management of the day-to-day operations of the centre, linking the Academic, Recreational and Welfare Teams.
- Set up and close the
centre at the end of the course and submit an end of centre report to HO
including early and final staff appraisals.
- Write a full job specific report at the end of the course.
CONTRACT / REMUNERATION
- Reports to: Operations Manager (OM), Assistant Operations Manager (AOM), Recruitment Coordinator (RC) & Ops Exec (OE)
- Managing: HSA, HPC, CA, GLs and International Students.
- 4-8 week contract.
- Full board and accommodation provided free of charge.
- Up to 48 hours per
week, on average.
- Evening and weekend
weeks you may be required to work in excess of 48 hours. You will therefore be
asked to ‘opt out’ of the 48-hour Working Time Directive.
19 centres across the UK.