Academic Year Programme
Ardmore are delighted to offer students the opportunity to study within one of the best school systems in the world. This programme offers an academic year at a British state school – at a choice of locations throughout the UK.
This programme provides an affordable alternative to studying at an independent UK school. Many academic year students use their stay in Britain as a “springboard” to their future educational and career aspirations – i.e. studying at a UK or International University where fluent English is a requirement, or with a view to being able to work anywhere in the world where they need an advanced level and understanding of English.
- Students must be from European Economic Area (EEA)
- Students will normally need at least an intermediate level of English (e.g. of IELTS 5.5 or similar in order to participate fully in lessons and gain the maximum benefit from this experience.
- Minimum age is 11 years and maximum age is 18 years.
- Academic year starts in September and ends in late July.
- All students are required to complete a detailed application form – with educational, medical, family and personal history, as well as academic achievements. A school is then selected by Ardmore, according to the students’ requirements.
- Why not consider an Ardmore Summer Course in July or August to prepare the student and give them added confidence to start the Academic Year? Or London Sightseeing programmes during half term?
- Single and double rooms
- Suitable for Groups and Individual Students
- European City Tours Available
Homestay – carefully selected local families providing a home-from-home experience
FacilitiesDependent on location
AccommodationDependent on location
Nearby AirportsDependent on location
Location of schools
Ardmore have chosen the locations of their partner schools with great care to ensure the highest quality welfare support by our most experienced local organisers, offering 24 hour assistance to students, coupled with the quality of the schools where the students will study.
All schools selected by Ardmore for this programme are inspected and graded either
1 (outstanding), 2 (good) or 3 (Satisfactory) by Ofsted which is the UK government office for standards in education, children’s services and skills. www.ofsted.gov.uk
Schools are located in towns and suburbs – away from the hustle and bustle of large cities – but at the same time, offering students the opportunity to explore the local area easily, with the excellent transport links these towns o er.
Host Family Accommodation
Students will be accommodated at DBS (Police) checked, carefully selected host families for the duration of each term, returning to their home country during the half term (usually 1 week in February, May and October) as well as during Easter and Christmas holidays (as applicable). Families live within close proximity to the school (either within walking distance or a short bus ride away). Half board accommodation is provided during weekdays and full board at weekends.
School Uniform and Material
School placement and text books are included in the programme. Students will be expected to wear the school uniform (up to 6th Form) and Ardmore will be able to assist students in purchasing this before arrival.
Support By Local Organiser / Guardian and Ardmore Head Office
Students will be under the care of Ardmore’s Local Organisers / Guardians who usually live no more than 30-45 minutes from the student and their school. In addition, Ardmore o ers 24 hour, 7 day a week support by Head office. The Local Organisers will provide reports during the year to advise of the student’s progress, as well as assisting in host family / accommodation matters and arranging transfers on arrival and departure.
Transfers are included in this programme. N.B Excluded: Half Terms and Easter.
Please contact us for more detailed information about the prices and service