High School Full Integration Programme
This programme is perfect for students who want to live the life of a British or American teenager for a short period. For group leaders and parents, this is an ideal opportunity for students to improve their English and understand the UK state or US public school systems.
Students will “buddy” up with teenagers and follow exactly the same curriculum for the whole school day, for a period of 1 – 7 weeks. They will participate in classes with other students, follow all the lessons in English as well as enjoying the opportunity to chat with them in a more relaxed setting at lunchtime. Group leaders accompanying the students are welcome to sit in on the classes too.
- Single and double rooms
- Suitable for Groups and Individual Students
Homestay – carefully selected local families providing a home-from-home experience
- Dependant on location
- Half board accommodation with host families (school lunch included in price)
- Accommodation at private school (prices on request – supplement payable)
- Dependant on location
A typical school day
Many schools start the day with an “Assembly” i.e. where the whole school meets together in the hall with the teachers. Important announcements are made during this first 30-45 minutes of the school day.
Students will then be divided into smaller numbers and will join their English/American ‘buddies’ in classes, taking part in everyday school life. e.g. Geography, English, History lessons, etc. This could involve playing sports, studying IT, learning a classic play or discovering cookery!
Lunch service usually starts at midday. Students will receive a lunch allowance to choose a hot or cold meal according to their wishes.
Afternoon school follows the same pattern as the morning and when the final bell sounds, students will return to their host families or hotel.
The minimum level of English for this programme is Intermediate (IELTS 5.5).
Discovery price includes:
- Accommodation (in host family or hotel)
- Lunch allowance for meal at school
- Full School Integration – 5 days per week
- School tie or scarf (British schools)
- 24 hour support by Ardmore Head office
- Services of Local Organiser
- One local excursion per week (entrance fees extra)
- Airport transfers
- Sightseeing trips – after school or weekends
- Sports/activities – after school or weekends
- EFL lessons