St Joseph's College, University of Reading, Reading
Our courses will be run at St Joseph’s College and the University of Reading which is located just five minutes walk from the main university campus.
St Joseph’s College, founded in 1910 and set within secure grounds, offers excellent modern classrooms, a good range of sporting facilities including an all-weather sports pitch, an outside basketball court as well as an indoor heated swimming pool. The accommodation comprises of single en-suite bedrooms on the main university campus.
- Summer Courses
- Suitable for Groups and Individual Students
- Trinity Examination Available
- Adult Student Ratio 1:10
- Residential and Homestay Programmes
Full day excursion to London
- 24h security
- Sport Pitches
- Basketball and Tennis courts
- Common Room
- Dining Hall
- City Location
- Residential – maximum number of beds 250
- Standard bedrooms with en-suite accommodation on main campus, within minutes walk from the Dining Hall
- Shared bathroom accommodation also available off campus, 10 minute walk to Dining Hall and school
- Homestay – Carefully selected host family accommodation on a full board basis in shared rooms with shared bathrooms, packed lunch provided
- 44 km from Heathrow
- 100 km from Gatwick
- 137 km from Stansted
A typical day with Ardmore
Students have three hours of English lessons per day from Monday to Friday, with the lessons divided into two parts.
Part One: Language input, which involves using grammar and vocabulary in various tasks/exercises.
Part Two: Fluency/practice activities aimed at developing fluency through specific tasks like designing a website or poster, conducting a classroom survey or even producing/acting in a short play.
We offer a wide range of activities, which may include: Football, Arts & Crafts, Dance, Tennis, Basketball, etc.
Evening entertainment programme may include Talent Show, Disco, Quiz Nights, Film Nights, Sports Tournaments and more options.
Emphasis on communication helps students to use English for a variety of purposes and in various situations. Our aim is to build students' knowledge and confidence in understanding and speaking English.
Nearby attractions and Excursions
There’s plenty to see and do for a half day, or even an full day around Reading and nearby. A full day trip to London for a river cruise, or a visit to Windsor and Windsor Castle.
Alternatively there are half day excursions more local to the campus, which include a walk in Reading, bowling / cinema and a visit of Oxford.